Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A McCain-Hillary Ticket?

Far be it from me to take a break from spring break, but this one's just too good . . .

Apparently, I am not the only person who found it stunning that Hillary Clinton, the second-place candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, endorsed John McCain for president on Friday. This assumes, of course, that the voters don't have the good sense to elect her our next Commander-in-Chief, a position for which, based on her "experience," she is exceptionally unqualified.

By the way, Obama won Texas, 98 delegates to 95. After Obama's Wyoming victory on Saturday, Hillary trailed by even more delegates than she did going into last Tuesday's Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island primaries. She will certainly lose Mississippi tomorrow (all those "urban" votes that Bill Clinton spoke about over the weekend that Obama could help Hillary with in a general election will certainly favor the Illinois senator, presumably not because he's from Chicago, an urban area, and not because he runs so well among African-Americans. I know Mississippi has one of the largest per-capita African-American populations in the nation. But I didn't realize just how "urban" that state really was).

Since Hillary can't win the Democratic nomination without blowing up the entire nominating process, shouldn't she just quit now and run with McCain?

Back to spring break . . .

2 comments:

Notebook said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Rachel said...

Thank you for publicly posting that comment for my amusement.